Triaster Suite 15.1 has now been released and contains the following new features:
Triaster Server - version 15.1
Alerts and Approvals
Automatic copy of maps and initiation of publishes as part of the approvals process, introduced in version 14.3, has been significantly enhanced in version 15.1.
With version 15.1, a map can be dropped into the Sandpit site, and published into the Live site (after Approval), without anyone needing to start a publication.
It is necessary to use our standard three site structure with Live, Prelive and Sandpit mapstore folders - most customers are using this setup already.
The mapping and approvals process is now as follows:
- Initial Content Development: Process mapping will be done within the Draft folder (which is not part of the approvals process) and moved manually to the Sandpit folder, or directly within the Sandpit folder. Authors will have no access to maps in either Prelive or Live.
- Automatic publication of Sandpit: It will be possible to configure the Sandpit site to automatically run a publication at set intervals, if maps have been changed or created.
- Copy from Sandpit to Prelive: When a map is complete the author will mark it as 'Ready for Approval' (new node property which is added automatically) in Sandpit. The map will be copied automatically to Prelive when the Sandpit site is published. Once this has been done, the copy in Sandpit will be marked as 'Approval in Progress - Do not edit' and the map will be greyed out.
- Automatic Publication of Prelive: Once a map has been copied to the Prelive mapstore (being Ready For Approval), a publish will be started automatically and Approvals Required e-mails will be sent out once this has completed.
- Re-work: If a map requires re-work it will automatically be copied back to the Sandpit folder and set back to editable mode. Notification e-mails will now be sent to all approvers and the Author of the map.
- Approval: Once a map has been fully approved (by all Approvers), it will be copied from Prelive to Live and Sandpit.
- Automatic Publication of Live and Sandpit: Once maps have been copied to Live and Sandpit mapstores, publishes are started automatically in each of these sites.
It is vital that each process map has its own file.
A check is carried out prior to copying files to ensure each file only contains one map. If a file contains two or more maps, a warning e-mail will be sent to the author and the file will not be copied. See diagram below:
For detailed instructions on how to separate maps into one map, one file, please read: Preparing for Auto Synchronisation: http://tinyurl.com/Prep-Auto-Sync
Significant enhancements to the Menu Editor have been released in version 15.1. The Menu Editor no longer requires manual editing of the flash-menu.xml file in order to update your Library Homepage, and if your homepage design supports it, includes the ability to specify a photo and a position for menu items, as well as the ability to populate the menu from the existing published html content. It has been very well received by everyone who has seen it (such as customers attending the User Group meeting on 5th March).
To read why Paul Elson-Vining believes the menu editor 'is going to save literally days of time', please click here.
Process Navigator - version 15.1
The Triaster Simulation Engine
Prototype software extending the feature set of the Triaster Simulation Engine has been released with Process Navigator version 15.1. The End-to-End Process (E2EP) Object representing the end-to end process in one shape has been introduced in version 15.1. This will greatly assist Business Analysts in tabulating and quantifying the cost benefits of changing a process.
The Triaster Simulation Engine will be further developed and enhanced in future releases, with for example the addition of a Business Improvement web front end. Anyone interested in inputting into and influencing the development of Triaster Business Improvement functionality should contact Michael Cousins directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on (0)870 402 1234.
Both Process Navigator and Triaster Server 15.1 contain various issue fixes.
How do I upgrade to the latest Software?
Because each Triaster Process Library has a customised homepage design and specific alerts and approvals requirements, the configuration of the new menu editor and alerts and approvals functionality will need to be Library specific. Accordingly we are recommending that upgrade to version 15.1 takes place in consultation with the Triaster Customer Success Team.
If you are already on the 15.1 upgrade waiting list, or if we know that you are awaiting a specific defect fix being released in version 15.1, we will contact you with a recommended upgrade plan.
If you are not on the 15.1 upgrade waiting list, or are not sure if you are, please e-mail email@example.com or call Emily or Jo on +44 (0)870 402 1234.
The upgrade process will both agree the configuration and training needed for implementing 15.1 functionality and also review any previously released features that you aren't currently using and agree an implementation plan for these too.
Our recommendation is to keep your Process Navigator software the same version as your Triaster Server software. In particular if upgrading to Microsoft Visio 2013, all machines (including servers) using Triaster software need to be upgraded to Visio 2013 and Triaster software 15.1.at the same time.
However if you are not upgrading to Visio 2013, version 15.1 Process Navigator is available for download from the Triaster Knowledge Base: Software Download page.
An e-mail advising of the release of Triaster Suite 15.1 has been sent to all customers registered to receive notifications of Product Releases and Technical Updates.
If you are not already registered please do so by completing an enquiry form at: www.triaster.co.uk/contact.php.